The Malaysian Society of Radiographers is a professional body that caters to the interests of the Medical Radiation Science Fraternity. It is affiliated to the ISRRT (International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists).
The objectives for which The Society is established are as follows:
- To promote and develop for the public benefit the science and practice of radiography and radiotherapeutic technology and allied subjects
- To promote, study and research work in radiography and radiotherapeutic technology and allied subjects and to publish the results of all such study and research
- To further public education
- To protect the honour and interests of persons engaged in the practice of radiography and radiotherapeutic technology and allied subjects including the regulation of relations between such persons and employers and employers’ associations
- To further all such objects which a trade union may lawfully pursue in accordance with statute
Benefits of being MSR member:
- Promotes Radiographers’ voice in Malaysia.
- Enables understanding by sharing of ideas to increase best practice.
- Cross fertilization of ideas allows for standardization of imaging procedures & techniques.
- Facilitates friendship by bringing together a family of professionals of common purpose.
- Instills pride/ sense of belonging by being part of a larger fraternity. Provides a sense of empowerment
Currently the address for MSR is at:
Radiology Department, UKM Medical Centre
Jalan Yaakob Latif, Bandar Tun Razak,
Cheras 56000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-9145 5608 (O)
013-360 5933 (M)
Fax: 03-9145 6682 (att. to Mazli Mohamad Zin)